- The five draft Transformational Aspirations have been affirmed by Council of General Synod as the guiding principles for the work of the Council and Office of the General Synod until the next session of General Synod in June 2023.
- A series of videos explaining the Transformational Aspirations, and showing them in action across the Canadian church, is being released this fall.
- We are identifying and exploring the many points of intersection between the Aspirations, the Five Marks of Mission, and the newly issued Calls from the 2022 Lambeth Conference.
- Members of the working group are collaborating with six dioceses across the country to explore how the Aspirations, and SPWG’s deep listening process, can be helpful to dioceses in their own visioning and strategic discernment, to test and validate the Aspirations, and to learn through shared experience how we can move forward together.
- The working group is consulting closely with the management team of the Office of General Synod, and their related coordinating committees and other bodies, to ensure that the Aspirations are aligned with the work plans and priorities of the national church.
- We are keeping channels of communication open with the ongoing and emerging work of Sacred Circle, for mutual understanding and support.
- Work is proceeding on drafting an updated and clarified mission statement for the Office and work of General Synod.
All of this work will be reviewed by the Council of General Synod, which will bring forward proposals for reflection and discussion at General Synod in Calgary. General Synod is the ultimate decision-making body.